Permission to Skate Forms (Caledonia Minor Hockey)

PrintPermission to Skate Forms

2023-2023 "AAA" P.S.T. FORMS


 "AAA" Permission to Skate Forms

Any players interested in trying out for Hamilton AAA teams, from Under 10 to Under 18, MUST get a Permission To Skate form from their home center. To receive your Permission To Skate form please email the following information to Michael Kichinko at [email protected]   

Player's Name
Player's Address
Player's Date of Birth
Last Team played for
Team trying out for

You will receive the form by email once it has been processed (48hrs.).


NRP (Non-Resident Player) Forms 

Any players, Under 12 or above, interested in trying out for a AA team MUST get an NRP Form from their home center. Under 11 aged players and below are not eligible to tryout for A/AA.

N.R.P. requests can be emailed to Michael Kichinko @ [email protected]. The email MUST include the name of player, address, date of birth.  Please indicate what you are requesting by letting me know which team you are planning to tryout for.  For N.R.P.'s you need to indicate  which "AA" team you are trying out for. 

Once your N.R.P. form is complete you will receive an e-mail from the OMHA.

Tryouts for all centers will not begin until the conclusion of the OHF Championships. AA & A tryouts cannot start until AAA are finished.  Every player Under 12 and up is eligible to try out for an AA or an A team. Player requests a Non-Resident Passport (NRP) from their Home Centre if they wish to tryout for either AA or A hockey. The player under NO circumstances is permitted to try out for both. Players Under 9 and above wishing to attend a “AAA Zone” tryout will need to request a Permission to Skate.

The Process:

Player requests a Permission to Skate Form if they wish to tryout for AAA hockey.

Player requests a NRP (Under 12 and Above) if they wish to tryout for either AA or A hockey.

Players in Caledonia can request an NRP (Under 12 and Above) for an AA/A base centre of their choosing.  What exactly does that mean?  It means you can choose which centre you would like to use for your ONE NRP.

Under 9 to Under 10 aged players may only request Permission to Skates and tryout in Hamilton for AAA.

Under 12 and above can request an NRP & Permission to Skate.  You can request one or the other or both.  With the NRP you can ONLY tryout for one team EITHER A or AA.  If you request AA and tryout and you DO NOT make it.  You CANNOT come back and request another one to try out for A.  Only ONE NRP per player per year, these are OMHA rules.

Players can try out at AAA but this is not mandatory. Players can tryout at AA OR A (not both) and if they are not offered a spot on the AA or A team they return home. The AA or A team is allowed to only accept 3 NRP players. The player can not tryout for another AA or A team if cut.